Careers At Ujamaa
Business Development Officer
We are looking for a development professional keen to be an integral part of local and international fundraising team working on securing grants in the prevention of Gender Based Violence. This efforts are geared towards;
- Accelerating the growth of fundraising across a diversified range of income streams to achieve long term, sustainable income growth.
- To develop partnerships and supporter relationships which enhance the wish experience, generate donations in-kind and improve understanding of the impact of a wish.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Development of quality proposals, targeted at both in-country donors and corporates as well as external donors for achievement of a diversified grants income as per the targets agreed in the Country Strategy Program;
- Diversification of grants income as per targets agreed in the Country Strategic Program;
- Provide effective management of relationships with donors and National Offices;
- Provide effective management of grants including grants systems as well as quality and timely reports;
- Locates or proposes potential funding opportunities by contacting potential partners;
- Discovering and exploring new opportunities for Ujamaa’s growth.
- Closing new funding deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with Ujamaa’s operations.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Enhancing Ujamaa’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to the organization.
- Management and coordination of concept papers and proposal development and dissemination;
- Support Program Coordinators in grants development and management related roles
- Accelerate income growth in a sustainable manner across a diverse range of income streams and embed a culture of fundraising across the organization that provide a sustainable source of income and donations in-kind to Ujamaa
- Grow income from events and manage key relationships with committee members
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing, Communication. PR or Business management or any other other related discipline.
- Fluent oral, written and presentation skills
- Proven experience in local fundraising, strategic planning and marketing or a proven track record of sealing major deals.
- 3 years relevant experience in development within a large INGO or similar at a senior level in an organization
- Demonstrated experience in the grants development and management is an added advantage
- A good understanding of programs.
- A commitment to, and understanding of participatory approaches to development.
- Excellent fundraising, proposal and report writing skills for different donor requirements – institutional, corporate and other donors.
- Planning skills and ability to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent grant management skills, including ability to identify challenges and provide or work with teams to propose possible solutions
- Knowledge of programming processes, systems and principles, and the ability to provide leadership and support staff working on grant-related programmes
- Strong negotiation, facilitating and influencing skills
- Networking and relationship development skills
- Strong team building and motivational skills
- Ability to interact and work effectively with others
- Proficiency in computer use.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply through our recruitment
Applications will be considered until January 31, 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Cover letters should be addressed to: - The Human Resources Officer, Ujamaa Africa, and P.O Box 18265-00100 Nairobi.